- - Laparoscopy can be done on its own or combined with hysteroscopy and must be done under general anesthesia.
- - A scope and a camera are introduced into the abdomen through the umbilicus and two other small incisions to check and exclude the following abnormalities:
- - Fallopian tube blockage or distortion.
- - Pelvic adhesions.
- - Endometriosis.
- - Uterine abnormalities.
- - This procedure takes a longer duration than the hysteroscopy and slightly longer time to recover.
- - Patients might suffer from shoulder pains post operatively which can be easily treated by simple pain killers.